Sunday, January 18, 2009

old folder

Met my old folder, UNITED, that I bought in Jogya few years back. It was single speed, with small 44T chainring, and short seatpost.
First to modify was seat post, I asked a welder to put an extension to suit my height. Second my LBS put 48T chainring and a new sealed BB on. Last modification was changing single speed freewheel to 3 speed coaster brake hub.
True those modifications cost more than the bike itself, but for me the results were satisfying.
Now this humble UNITED has enough gearing to ease my feet taking few slopes.
When I moved out from Jogyakarta to Balikpapan, I did not bring this bike with me. I left it in Jogya, but then I brought the bike to Malang, since I visit Malang more often.
And till today, whenever I am in Malang, I will be rolling around on my UNITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment